I received a box of pictures of and documents from my aunt on Thursday. It was like winning the lotto, but 1000% better. My grandmother had given to me all of her family pictures and documents before she died, so I didn’t think there was much else left to find. WRONG! My aunt sent me photos of my grandfather, Harold T. Uphouse, as a child that I’d never seen. There were photos of my grandmother, Goldie (Simpson) Uphouse Edwards as a toddler. Pictures of Harold’s mother, Julia (Veland) Uphouse as a child and young woman. And pictures of Julia’s parents, grandparents, and one of her great grandparent. There were letters written in Norwegian that I need to have translated. I am beyond thrilled.
July 12, 2014
Finding family treasures – better than the lotto!
This entry was posted on Saturday, July 12th, 2014 at 4:19 PM and posted in My Family Lines, Pictures, Uphouse. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
One response to “Finding family treasures – better than the lotto!”
- Follow genejourneys on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- My (free) Ancestry.com DNA results - a comparison to FamilyTreeDNA
- Don't throw the baby (or the paper) out with the bath water....
- Photo books - share your family history (and still be invited to next year's Thanksgiving dinner!)
- Maine research: some lesser known places to search - for FREE!
- Excel, Evernote, RootsMagic, and my research log
- The new and improved Legacy Family Tree Webinars October 29, 2015
- Maine research: some lesser known places to search – for FREE! October 11, 2015
- Petition for incorporation of Milo, Maine provides signature of Aaron Day October 7, 2015
- 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy (1)
- Books (1)
- Bursley (11)
- Day (16)
- DNA (8)
- Ennis (1)
- Learning (11)
- Maps (2)
- Medical (2)
- My Family Lines (36)
- Organization (5)
- Pictures (8)
- Research Trips (13)
- Simpson (1)
- Stanwood (10)
- Tech Tuesday (4)
- Technology (26)
- Tibbetts (1)
- Uncategorized (23)
- Uphouse (2)
- Wasgatt (3)
- Web Sites (10)
- Wordless Wednesday (4)